Sunday, March 17, 2013

Just some last thoughts as St. Patricks Day comes to a close

Unlike many of my fellow Irish people, today I did not get drunk or do any sort of drinking what so ever. I'm probably more Irish than most people getting drunk today, but hey to each their own. This weekend definitely had its ups and downs. My car broke on Friday which is a total bummer, but I consider myself lucky that I wasn't driving on a major road when my breaks decided they wanted to break... So that was Friday. Saturday I worked, which wasn't too bad because for the first 2 hours I cut out flowers for our Fashion Show that we are having on Thursday. Then I had to close which is always exhausting. And then there is today Sunday, which has always been my least favorite day of the week. I'm not really sure why, maybe because of this underground expectation that you have to make the most of it because the next day is Monday and you're going to have to wait 5 more days until the weekend. But that expectation just leaves me disappointing and wanting Monday to come. Monday is actually my favorite day, which I know is strange, but I have always looked at Monday as a fresh start. Here is my chance to make this week better than last. And again their is expectations, but instead of just one day (Sunday) if Monday doesn't work out for you, there is still Tuesday-Friday to make up for it. Hopefully I've converted a few more people to liking Mondays as much as I do. So there we have it. That was my weekend. Nothing epic I know but I have tomorrow (Monday) to look forward to. Hopefully my car will be fixed so I can have some sort of freedom back.

I say goodnight to you now as I fall asleep to Oprah's Master Class: Tom Brokaw. I hope you were all safe this weekend and have fun recovering from your hangovers tomorrow.

No comments:

Post a Comment